Right now, I would not recommend this app. It does NOT work with Case Feeds... yet (See their KB article, however this is contrary to the big banner on the App Exchange page that says it works with the Service Cloud Console). It looks like they could support it after Summer 14. It has been a while since new features have come out, so it is definitely ready for a revamp.
So, here are the things that it tries to address.
- Auto creating contact records for contacts that are not in the system yet - good!
- Saves Attachments separately - good, but there is a free app that does this in a basic way https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cOVEAY.
- Canned Comments - but now basically replaced by Quick Text in Case Feeds.
- Update fields as you send email - now much easier in Case Feeds.
- Multiple To: - now a feature in Case Feeds.
- Handles CCs - good.
- Drag and Drop Attachments - now a feature in Case Feeds.
- Email Attachments that are on the case record. This is the Number One reason we used EC2P and it is now in Case Feeds!!! Yay!
- Auto select email templates based on criteria - good.
- Handles email loops - good.
- Handles Case Teams - good.
I have a client that uses this app to great effect, but it is expensive and it is hard to configure, and it has some issues.
- The email page is clunky and does not present the email in a logical order (To and From fields are down the bottom).
- Can be confusing between public (emailed to client) and private (on the case) notes.
- Emails are saved as comments, which is quite confusing.
- You need to put an email (or Comment) button on the page layout, and there is NO WAY to remove the email button from the Emails related list. For some reason (I can't remember why), we had to retain the emails list on the page. Therefore the "old way" to do emails is still visible, and therefore very very confusing. Even after 2 years of using E2CP, I was again asked by my client to remove the confusing extra button.
A group of users at my client's site have refused to use this product as they can't see the email as it will be sent out because of the weird way the email page is layed out. Internet Creations can not do an email preview feature.
I really hope the integration with Case Feeds is really nice and solves some of the major problems of this app, as it has some great features.
Bottom line is, if you get a lot of support cases in from outside, then try this app. If most of your support cases come from your contacts that are already in the system, battle on with standard email functionality.
Internet Creations also makes
- Case Flags
- Case Merge Premium
- Case Split
- Change Case Ownership Plus
These are just some notes, but are not fully fleshed out yet.
Email to Case Premium
Can change Email Logo
Could be changed accidentally
Email only from Advice
Can see full email preview
Can see subject while composing
No (only in preview)
Can edit subject
You can create / modify Email Templates
You can create / modify Quick Text / Canned Comments
Yes – Quick Text
Yes – Canned Comments
Users can control their own Signatures
Yes, but not recommended
Best to have it all controlled from the templates
Possible to accidentally create email without a TO
This is not good. (It is meant to work, I need to log a ticket).
Can email TO client with no email history
Can email TO lawyer with no email history
Can reply to email and keep history
Replies are formatted differently
Looks more like an email
Can see full Email History
Yes, but it’s not collapsed so could get very long
Can edit Email history
Except for one thing
(1) HTML Email Reference https://customers.internetcreations.com/KnowledgeDetail?name=HTML-Rich-Text-Support-for-Email-to-Case-Premium