Yep, I have not mentioned Lightning Experience up to now. With no Hover Help Text it was useless to me, and it was/is SOOOO SLOOOOOOW.
So, after Winter '17 it's time to try it.
- Oh the horizontal nav and the app launcher are soooo much better! Well done Salesforce for going back.
- Being able to open a link in a new tab! (Oh, it is the REALLY LITTLE THINGS!). Oh except you still can't do that in setup ,
- The new Lead Conversion process is nice, but I think it is designed to break automation apps like LeadPal, which is a good app.
- you CAN Add to Campaign from list views, which is very nice.
- The new Nav is good, but you can't have customisable tabs for each user. This could get annoying for those power users who like to tweak. I like it for me as an Admin, because I can control what users see, but it may be a bit more setup.
- Yes, you can go to a record by an ID still, but it is slow.
- You ALWAYS go back to recently viewed items on Object Home - so you have to find the view you used last (I think it goes to the top of the list), but it's more clicks than just clicking GO!
- Page layout changes don't refresh the first time you look at the page.
- You can't clear the search box - you have to go back through the snowman.
- Campaign Members related list is going to be very very very annoying. You can't sort on any field except Status.
- Wow, who's idea was it to put Related Records as the primary tab - stupid, stupid, stupid! You create a record, hit save, and then end up at a blank screen. It was this way on Feed Layouts (and no that is NEVER going to be fixed in Classic). So every page needs to be modified, then activated to ensure people see the details.
- Yeah, right, like 200 fields on a page layout is going to look *great* with just two columns
and no groupings!. Oh I was wrong! There are section headings AND they are collapsible! Phew!
- I was in a Trial Org for Winter '17 and the standard page layouts had all the section headings to display on edit mode only - NO! They need to be on both edit and view mode! Change all your standard layouts.
- OMG WHY WHY WHY! The add members to Campaign goes to an Import data screen. You just KNOW that users are going to export their data and then import it again because they think it's the only way to add people to campaings. Not Cool! (but you CAN Add to Campaign from list views, which is very nice).
- The disconcerting feeling you get when you go back to a Classic Interface layered in the Lightning Interface. And Even more disconcerting when you go to edit Report Types which is the old-old interface layered into Classic, layered into Lightning.
Things to Change
- Home Home - delete the silly goal graph - how many of your users are goal oriented widget salespeople? Probably not many.
- The jury is still out on Assistant - what if that user doesn't use leads - will leads stuff still show up - it is not customisable in any way.